Volunteering for Shamrock Reins
Operating Shamrock Reins and providing our services is not possible without the dedicated help of Volunteers. The selfless, giving service of these individuals is a tremendous contribution and makes Shamrock Reins possible.
It takes many individuals with different skills sets to operate the facility. Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- Program Sessions (seeking Military Personnel & Civilians)
- Horse Feeding, Grooming, Training, & Conditioning
- Barn care (stall cleaning, tack care and maintenance, general clean-up, supply inventory)
- Property Maintenance (clean-up, weeding, mowing grass and various other tasks)
- Pasture Care (cutting grass, spreading manure, removing manure from run-in sheds)
- Administrative office work
- Event Planning
If you are interested in volunteering your time and service for any of the above activities, please send email to Janet Brennan.
Volunteers 18 years and older are required to submit a criminal background check and child abuse clearance. Please use the links below:
Volunteers who do not live in Pennsylvania or who have not lived in Pennsylvania for 10 contiguous years will need to obtain FBI Fingerprint clearance. These Volunteers need to schedule an appointment at an approved center using the link below: https://uenroll.identogo.com/. In the field below “Enter the Service Code” Volunteers should enter: 1KG6ZJ (this is the DHS Volunteer code).